- 1 4 to 4-1/2 pound chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- butcher's twine if using rotisserie function
- Mix together olive oil, dried and fresh herbs, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to make paste for chicken.
- Squeeze the juice from lemon all over and inside chicken, then stuff them along with garlic inside of chicken.
- If using rotisserie: Position chicken on skewer and make sure that the forks are secured by rotisserie screws. Secure the rotisserie spit in the oven into the spit support and socket. Turn oven to 400°F on the rotisserie setting and roast for 1 hour and 15 mins - 1 hour and 25 mins. The juices should run clear when the thigh is pierced. For the last 5-10 minutes of cook time turn oven to bake setting while the chicken breasts are facing up and allow for skin to get crispy. Make sure to baste chicken periodically throughout cook time with either olive oil or melted butter.
- If roasting: Preheat Cuisinart® Brick Oven to 375°F on either the convection bake or the bake setting. Make sure rack is in position "A." Lay chicken on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and then roast for 1 hour 15 mins - 1 hour 25 mins. Juices should run clear when the thigh is pierced.