- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 whole onion, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper, grounded into powder
- 3 pinches of rock salt
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 carrot, diced into cubes
- 2 spoons of cooking oil
- ½ kilogram chicken (roughly 1 pound)
- 1 small can of Del Monte pineapple chunks
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- Wash bell pepper, carrot and chicken thoroughly before cutting.
a. Finely chop the garlic.
b. Slice the bell pepper and onion into strips.
c. Dice the carrots into cubes.
- Chop the chicken into sections.
- Open the can of pineapple chunks, but do not drain.
- Preheat the pan on the stove.
Step 1 Heat oil
Heat 2 spoonfuls of oil in the pan on low heat.
Step 2 Sauté garlic
Sauté the garlic in the oil until slightly brown.
Step 3 Add onions
Now, add the sliced onions into the garlic/oil mixture.
- Do not let the garlic burn when sautéing.
Step 4 Add peppers
Throw in the sliced bell peppers now and mix.
Step 5 Add carrots
Toss in the carrots now.
Step 6 Add chicken
And now it's time to add the meat. Place the chicken bits into the pan and mix.
Step 7 Add pineapple syrup
Pour just the syrup from the can of pineapple chunks into the pan. Do not add the pineapple chunks yet.
Step 8 Boil
Let it boil for about 5 minutes, until the pineapple syrup has been fully absorbed by the chicken.
Step 9 Add pineapple chunks
Now it's time to add the pineapple chunks into the pan. Mix deliberately.
Step 10 Add coconut milk
Pour your coconut milk into the pan and mix well.
Step 11 Add salt and pepper
Put in about 3 pinches of salt, along with 1 teaspoon of your black pepper powder and mix thoroughly.
Step 12 Cook until done
Now let it boil until the meat is tender. When the meat is tender, it's already cooked and ready to eat.
- You may also use fresh pineapples and fresh coconut milk.
- Add salt or pepper deliberately, according to your taste.
- Best when served warm and goes well with rice.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.