- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears, cored and sliced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Step 1 Brown chicken
Heat oil in a pan and sautee chicken until browned. Transfer to slow cooker.
Step 2 Add onion
Slice onion thinly and add to slow cooker. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3 Add pears and asparagus
Chop pears into bite sized pieces and layer on top of onion. Chop off white bottoms of asparagus, and layer on top.
Step 4 Add dressing
Combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, apple juice, rosemary, ginger, and brown sugar in a bowl and stir or whisk until blended. Pour over contents of slow cooker.
Step 5 Cook and enjoy!
Cook on low 4-6 hours and serve over rice or pasta!
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: