- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears, cored and sliced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Step 1 Brown chicken
Heat oil in a pan and sautee chicken until browned. Transfer to slow cooker.
Step 2 Add onion
Slice onion thinly and add to slow cooker. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3 Add pears and asparagus
Chop pears into bite sized pieces and layer on top of onion. Chop off white bottoms of asparagus, and layer on top.
Step 4 Add dressing
Combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, apple juice, rosemary, ginger, and brown sugar in a bowl and stir or whisk until blended. Pour over contents of slow cooker.
Step 5 Cook and enjoy!
Cook on low 4-6 hours and serve over rice or pasta!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.