Nothing beats eating a meal with soup, especially rice. So here comes my own version of chicken tinola. This one is among the favorite viands on a Filipinos meal, because of its tasty soup and also its meat and vegetable combination saves you time and fuel when cooking.
- ½ dressed chicken
- 2 potatoes
- 1 bundle of chili leaves
- 4 pcs. kalamansi
- Rock salt
- Black pepper
- 6-8 cups of water
- Wash the chicken and slice into parts.
- Wash the potatoes and slice into cubes.
- Remove the chili leaves from stem.
- Slice your onion into 4 parts.
- Slice and crush your ginger into parts.
- Slice the kalamansi into halves.
Step 1 Boil chicken
Put about 6 to 8 cups of water into the pot. Add your chicken and bring to a boil.
Step 2 Add onion, ginger and potatoes
Add all of your ginger, potatoes and onion. Continue to boil until the chicken meat and potatoes are tender.
Step 3 Add salt and pepper
Add a little salt and pepper, according to desired taste.
Step 4 Add chili leaves
When the meat and potatoes are tender, add the chili leaves. Then, turn of the heat.
Step 5 Squeeze calamansi juice
Squeeze the kalamansi juice in and stir.
Step 6 Serve
Serve while hot.
- Do not squeeze kalamansi juice while the fire is still going, or it will make your soup taste bitter.
- Try adding other fruits or vegetables, like chayote or papaya, to make the taste richer and more nutritious.
- Try it with fish instead of chicken.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: