Nothing beats eating a meal with soup, especially rice. So here comes my own version of chicken tinola. This one is among the favorite viands on a Filipinos meal, because of its tasty soup and also its meat and vegetable combination saves you time and fuel when cooking.
- ½ dressed chicken
- 2 potatoes
- 1 bundle of chili leaves
- 4 pcs. kalamansi
- Rock salt
- Black pepper
- 6-8 cups of water
- Wash the chicken and slice into parts.
- Wash the potatoes and slice into cubes.
- Remove the chili leaves from stem.
- Slice your onion into 4 parts.
- Slice and crush your ginger into parts.
- Slice the kalamansi into halves.
Step 1 Boil chicken
Put about 6 to 8 cups of water into the pot. Add your chicken and bring to a boil.
Step 2 Add onion, ginger and potatoes
Add all of your ginger, potatoes and onion. Continue to boil until the chicken meat and potatoes are tender.
Step 3 Add salt and pepper
Add a little salt and pepper, according to desired taste.
Step 4 Add chili leaves
When the meat and potatoes are tender, add the chili leaves. Then, turn of the heat.
Step 5 Squeeze calamansi juice
Squeeze the kalamansi juice in and stir.
Step 6 Serve
Serve while hot.
- Do not squeeze kalamansi juice while the fire is still going, or it will make your soup taste bitter.
- Try adding other fruits or vegetables, like chayote or papaya, to make the taste richer and more nutritious.
- Try it with fish instead of chicken.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.