Jerking is a Jamaican method of marinating meat. Here is a very helpful and detailed how to video on how to make Jamaican jerk chicken. We are sure your whole family will enjoy this chicken recipe.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Ingredients:
1 scotch bonnet
4 scallions, chopped
3 garlic cloves
3 tbsp fresh ginger
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice
2 tsp allspice
thyme to taste
tumeric to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces
1. In a food processor combine scotch bonnet, scallions, garlic, ginger, thyme, tumeric, allspice, ketchup, juice from 2 limes, and pineapple or orange juice. Blend until ingredients are well combined, about 30 seconds.
2. In a large bowl add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover the chicken with the marinate then cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. Heat grill to medium heat.
5. Grill chicken for about 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife.