Jerking is a Jamaican method of marinating meat. Here is a very helpful and detailed how to video on how to make Jamaican jerk chicken. We are sure your whole family will enjoy this chicken recipe.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Ingredients:
1 scotch bonnet
4 scallions, chopped
3 garlic cloves
3 tbsp fresh ginger
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice
2 tsp allspice
thyme to taste
tumeric to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces
1. In a food processor combine scotch bonnet, scallions, garlic, ginger, thyme, tumeric, allspice, ketchup, juice from 2 limes, and pineapple or orange juice. Blend until ingredients are well combined, about 30 seconds.
2. In a large bowl add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover the chicken with the marinate then cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. Heat grill to medium heat.
5. Grill chicken for about 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: