The chef shows how to prepare and cook a perfect roast chicken. Begin by rubbing sliced garlic over the skin of the chicken. Then place the garlic into the cavity, along with some thyme and sliced lemon. Rub the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and rock salt.
If you plan to make gravy, prepare a base by putting some sliced carrots, onions and celery in the pan, sprinkle a bit of thyme and garlic on top, and place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Pour in some stock and white wine, and this creates the base for the gravy.
Roast the chicken for about an hour, checking with a meat thermometer to make sure it is perfectly done. Remove the chicken from the platter and the juices are ready for the gravy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades