Watch this cooking how-to video as Tracy cooks some authentic Jamaican curry chicken. Jamaican curry is full of spices with added spicy kick. Follow along with this Jamaican cooking lesson to learn how too make Jamaican curry chicken.
1 whole chicken (about 2.5lb - 3lb)
6 tablespoons of Jamaican curry powder
1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 cups water
3 stalks scallion
5 sprigs fresh thyme
4 cloves garlic
2 hot peppers (ideally scotch bonnet)
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
Wash the chicken in lemon or lime Juice. Chop the chicken up in to small pieces. Chop the onion, scallion, pepper and garlic in to small pieces. Rub all of the ingredients (apart from the potatoes and water) in to the chicken and allow to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
Chop the potato in to small pieces. Fry the chicken until the chicken is sealed (5-10 minutes). Add the potatoes and water to the pan, cover and fry until the sauce has a thick consistency (about 1 - 2 hrs). Serve with rice and peas.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades