Chicken cordon bleu is chicken breast stuffed with cheese and ham. It is a great recipe to make when for your next dinner party. Impress your friends by making chicken cordon bleu for them.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Ingredients:
* 8 boneless chicken breast halves (8 oz. each) [or buy double or whole breasts and use half for the bottom and the other half for the top]
* 8 slices cooked ready-to-eat ham (1-1/2 by 3-1/2 inch oblong) [chef recommends Canadian bacon, available, fully cooked, at the grocery store where hot dogs are sold]
* 8 slices Swiss cheese, 1-1/2 by 3-1/2-inch oblong) [chef recommends Gruyere cheese, which is the Swiss cheese most suitable to Chicken Cordon Bleu]
* black pepper
* flour for dusting
* 3 eggs
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/4 cup water
* 4 cups bread crumbs
* 1 egg white, beaten and strained through a sieve
* shortening (of your choice)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.