Chicken cordon bleu is chicken breast stuffed with cheese and ham. It is a great recipe to make when for your next dinner party. Impress your friends by making chicken cordon bleu for them.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Ingredients:
* 8 boneless chicken breast halves (8 oz. each) [or buy double or whole breasts and use half for the bottom and the other half for the top]
* 8 slices cooked ready-to-eat ham (1-1/2 by 3-1/2 inch oblong) [chef recommends Canadian bacon, available, fully cooked, at the grocery store where hot dogs are sold]
* 8 slices Swiss cheese, 1-1/2 by 3-1/2-inch oblong) [chef recommends Gruyere cheese, which is the Swiss cheese most suitable to Chicken Cordon Bleu]
* black pepper
* flour for dusting
* 3 eggs
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/4 cup water
* 4 cups bread crumbs
* 1 egg white, beaten and strained through a sieve
* shortening (of your choice)
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.