Homemade chicken and dumplings will bring warmth and comfort to your family.
You Will Need
* 1 whole chicken
* 2 celery stalks
* 1 onion
* 1 garlic clove
* 1 bay leaf
* 4 parsley sprigs
* Poultry seasoning
* 1 10 3/4-ounce can cream of chicken soup
* 2 c. flour
* 1 tbsp. baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 3 tbsp. butter
* 1 c. milk
Step 1: Simmer chicken
Place the chicken in a large pot with celery, onion, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, a pinch of poultry seasoning, and water filled to cover. Simmer for one hour.
Step 2: Debone chicken
Remove the chicken from the pot. Let it cool, debone it, tear it into smaller pieces and put it back in the pot.
Step 3: Add soup
Add cream of chicken soup and simmer.
Substitute homemade for canned cream of chicken soup.
Step 4: Mix dumplings
Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Work the butter in with your fingers while gradually adding milk.
Step 5: Form dumplings
Let the dough rest for five minutes and then roll it onto a flat, floured surface to about one-half inch thick. Cut it into one-half inch squares and drop each square into the simmering stock.
Step 6: Cook dumplings
Allow dumplings to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. When it's thick enough, serve up your delicious meal.
Fact: Chicken and dumplings was first introduced in the early 17th century.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades