Chris Dickerson demonstrates a simple way to make a delicious roast chicken.
He believes that the single most important thing in cooking chicken, or any meat, is to start by searing it. For this he recommends using a pan with a heavy bottom and an ovenproof handle, which can be transferred directly into the oven for the roasting.
He prepares the chicken by covering the surface liberally with salt and ground black pepper. Then it goes into the pan breast side down. He sears it in oil for several minutes per side, and it's ready to go into the preheated oven, where it will cook for about 45 minutes.
When it's done he lets it rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to lubricate the meat.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades