The pastrami sandwich meets the buffalo chicken wing in this tasty party snack. Pastrami gets much of its delicious flavor from the spicy pepper and coriander rub that's applied before the meat is smoked and cooked. We use smoked paprika to add that effect to the spice rub. No blue cheese dressing here since these chicken wings are rubbed with pastrami spices. They're served with Russian or Thousand Islands dressing
Makes about 20 pastrami-rubbed buffalo chicken wings
* 1/4 cup white vinegar
* 1 tbsp white sugar
* 2 tsp kosher salt (or 1 1/4 tsp fine table salt)
* 2 1/2 pounds chicken wing sections
* 2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
* 2 tsp flour
* 1 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
* 1 tbsp smoked paprika
* 1/2 tsp dry mustard
* pinch of cayenne pepper
* additional 1 tsp salt, or as needed
1. Combine vinegar, sugar, and kosher salt in a bowl and mix to dissolve. Add the chicken wings and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Drain the chicken wings well, and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Add the wings to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle over the black pepper, flour, coriander, smoked paprika, mustard, and cayenne. Season with salt and toss the wing so they are completely and evenly coated with the spices.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Transfer the wings to a baking sheet that has been greased, or lined with a silicon mat. Bake for 20 minutes, remove, and turn each wing over. Bake another 20 minutes, or until the chicken wings are browned and cooked all the way through. When done, the bones will easily pull out from the wings.
Serve and enjoy!
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: