The pastrami sandwich meets the buffalo chicken wing in this tasty party snack. Pastrami gets much of its delicious flavor from the spicy pepper and coriander rub that's applied before the meat is smoked and cooked. We use smoked paprika to add that effect to the spice rub. No blue cheese dressing here since these chicken wings are rubbed with pastrami spices. They're served with Russian or Thousand Islands dressing
Makes about 20 pastrami-rubbed buffalo chicken wings
* 1/4 cup white vinegar
* 1 tbsp white sugar
* 2 tsp kosher salt (or 1 1/4 tsp fine table salt)
* 2 1/2 pounds chicken wing sections
* 2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
* 2 tsp flour
* 1 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
* 1 tbsp smoked paprika
* 1/2 tsp dry mustard
* pinch of cayenne pepper
* additional 1 tsp salt, or as needed
1. Combine vinegar, sugar, and kosher salt in a bowl and mix to dissolve. Add the chicken wings and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Drain the chicken wings well, and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Add the wings to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle over the black pepper, flour, coriander, smoked paprika, mustard, and cayenne. Season with salt and toss the wing so they are completely and evenly coated with the spices.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Transfer the wings to a baking sheet that has been greased, or lined with a silicon mat. Bake for 20 minutes, remove, and turn each wing over. Bake another 20 minutes, or until the chicken wings are browned and cooked all the way through. When done, the bones will easily pull out from the wings.
Serve and enjoy!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.