"Fast food" can be healthy and gourmet! Foodie Gwyneth Paltrow hosts this quick cooking show to take you through the steps of a roast chicken and potato meal. You'll need a chicken, a couple lemons, garlic, rosemary sage, thyme, pepper, olive oil, and fingerling potatoes. You don't need to be a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow's to enjoy the tasty meal prepared in this mini cooking show from her website GOOP.
By removing the back and thigh bones, which is a lot easier than it sounds, you cut your cooking time in half. Also, this is a flexible recipe — you can vary the herbs and substitute any hearty vegetable for the potatoes.
TIME: 1 hour
* 1 3 to 4 pound chicken, washed and dried
* 1 lemon, cut in half
* 6 garlic cloves, peeled
* a few sprigs each fresh rosemary, sage and thyme
* coarse salt
* freshly ground black pepper
* about 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1 1/2 dozen fingerling potatoes (or any small potato), peeled
Download the Printable PDF of this Roast Chicken and Potatoes recipe.
Also, download the Farmers Market Salad recipe, which is all about using what's fresh and grown around you.