Learn how to make low-fat chicken tenders. Even if you're watching your waistline, you don't have to give up your favorite foods. Baked – not fried – chicken tenders can be just as tasty as the real deal.
You Will Need
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1-c All-purpose flour
* 1-tsp black pepper
* 1 large egg white
* 1-c Low-fat buttermilk
* 1 cup of cornflakes
* And low-fat dressing or dipping sauce
* A large baking sheet
* Aluminum foil
* An 8-inch kitchen knife
* 3 small bowls
* A wire rack
* Cooking spray
* And tongs
* Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, or Cajun spice
Step 1. Preheat and prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Set the sheet aside.
Step 2. Cut the chicken
Use the kitchen knife to cut the chicken into pieces 1 to 2 inches in length.
Step 3. Prepare dipping bowls
Combine the flour and black pepper in a bowl. In a second bowl, beat the egg white and buttermilk with a fork. In the third bowl, crush the cup of cornflakes so they look like breadcrumbs.
Step 4. Dip in flour
Dip a tender into the flour and pepper first and turn over to coat completely.
Step 5. Dip in egg and cornflakes
Dip into the egg and buttermilk mixture, and then roll in the cornflakes until the chicken piece is completely covered. Place on a wire rack to set. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
Step 6. Prepare the pan
Spray the foil with cooking spray, and then transfer the tenders from the wire rack onto the pan. Leave about 2 inches of space between each tender, then put the pan in the oven.
Step 7. Bake until golden brown
Bake for five minutes, then turn over with tongs and bake the other side until golden, about five minutes more. Serve with your favorite low-fat dressing or dipping sauce.
FACT: Fried chicken tenders from a fast-food chain can contain 40 grams of fat – 61 percent of the recommended
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades